- Your last chance to see films in the 2nd Ecuador Film Festival taking place at the Cine Verdi Park. They are running three sessions, at 4.30, 7 and 10pm. See website for details: www.cinecuanon.com
- Performing tonight at the Palau de la Música Catalana are Laura Simó and Pedro Ruy-Blas to perform a show that will next head to the US. Simó is a renowned artist on the European jazz scene and the singer joins Ruy-Blas in a performance called 'Sueños immateriales' or Immaterial dreams. 9pm, €34-38
- Inauguration this evening of a new exhibition at the City Photo Archive, '1909: fotografia, ciutat i conflicte' featuring images from the first quarter of the 20th century, looking in particular the different social classes and conflicts that occurred in the city, as part of a series of citywide events remembering the 1909 Setmana Tragica, when many religious buildings were attacked.
- Film screening by CineAmbigu of Les chansons d'amour, a 2007 movie by Christophe Honoré that is described by the CineAmbigu organisers as "a contemporary musical, profoundly romantic and vital".
- Baritone Thomas Quasthoff gives a recital at the Liceu opera house this evening at 8pm. Featuring works by Franz Schubert and accompanied by Justus Zeyen on piano, the concert will be broadcast live on Radio Clásica of the national Spanish radio and television company.
- The Axel Hotel hosts a special dinner extravaganza this evening, coinciding with its four-day exhibition of tattoos, 'Barcelona Tattoo Art' (15th - 19th). The 'Cena Especial Tattoo' includes body painting and a burlesque show. €35 per person, starts 9.30pm. To reserve, call 606 413 549 (Pat) or 608 595 010 (Natalia).
- As the pre-Sónar atmosphere hots up, Elèctric Bar plays host to Aixònoéspànic and Sergi Jordà and the latter's electronic instrument creation, the 'reactable', of which there are only 10 in the whole world.
- Radar Festival, another Sónar tie-in, starts today at Sala BeCool at midnight and runs each evening until Saturday. Performers include Ewan Pearson (18th), Radio Slave (20th) and tonight is Soweso Label night. €12 with drink.
- Traditional Greek and Mediterranean music performed by Asíkides, a group that features seven artists, six of whom each come from a different Mediterranean country, while the seventh is Brazilian. €5, 8.30pm, Esglesia de Sant Felip Neri, Plaça Sant Felip Neri 1.
- Free Original Rebel Waltz concert at Malpaso Bar (Carrer Rauric 20, behind Plaça Reial) starting at 10.30pm and featuring Stuart Patterson, Murray Richardson and DJ Doogy.
- Sala Apolo welcomes homegrown talent Red-In this evening, with three Barcelona boys whose first disc Plastic People has been a huge succes on local radio stations RAC 105 and Flaix FM, and is being presented here.
- Opening today are two very different art show: the first, at the Museu Diocesà, features over 150 art works by the musician Isaac Albéniz, which have been carefully preserved by his family; the second looks at the work of photographer Scott Chasserot and his images of 21st-century Barcelona and its people.