Rodney Samuelson - Espai Cultural Francoli
Col.lectiva 10 d'Art
CONCERTS & CLUBS
- Barcelona-born Albert Guinovart is an accomplished pianist who plays with worldwide orchestras, composes his own music and also soundtracks for films and TV. He plays as part of the Mas i Mas festival. La Pedrera, 7, 8 & 9pm.
- Bob Brozman is a legendary blues and slide guitar master and world music expert who has been playing the guitar since he was five years old. Known for his ambitious and inspiring Bob Brozman Orchestra, where he plays every part, layering up different sounds on different guitar types and releasing seminal album Luminere. - Sala Monesterio, 10pm
- Michaeli Rasim has come from Azerbaijan, Israel and has now settled in Tossa de Mar. His artistic style has an Asian slant and details his love of the art of calligraphy. - Gracia Arts Project, Until September 20th
- Fimoteca Barcelona opens after the August break with a new series - 100 comèdies americanes which tonight bills some of Woody Allen's good films - Annie Hall (5.30pm) and Manhatten (7.30pm) and The Grass is Greener by Stanley Donen, (10pm). Filmoteca, see programme for full details, www.gencat.cat
- Camut, La vida es ritmo! is an exhilarating mix of African percussion, tap dance and voice. Due to the shows popularity they extended their run until September 6th. Teatre Goya.
CONCERTS & CLUBS
- Boombox is fast becoming one of the best loved nights at Apolo. Every Thursday of the month, DJ Karlos and his team let rip with a medley of just about every type of music you can think of. It seems the weekend now starts on Thursdays - Apolo2.
- The English National Ballet open the Autumn season at the celebrated theatre with a tribute to the Russian Ballet of Diaghilev with dances including Les Sylphides, The Dying Swan, Le Spectre de la rose, Faun(e) and Schéhérazade. Until September 10th. Teatre Liceu
- Col.lectiva 10 d'Art, is a collective exhibition at the Espai Cultural Francoli where 10 artists using various styles and techniques were chosen by gallerist and photographer Carlos Moreno to show their work. Until September 25th, Espai Cultural Francoli.