Jordi Sancho - Hairdates.com
Hairdates.com was created from a melting-pot of cultures—Spain, Italy, Holland and Argentina—by marketing and fashion experts for anyone looking for an easy, friendly way to make an appointment with a hairdresser by using your computer, in just three clicks, especially when you are in a new city and need some guidance.
As a little-but-big company, we are a mix of young entrepreneurs in our early 30s who still have a lot of work to do.
1. Where did the original idea come from? I travel a lot for my job; I realised that an easy way of booking your appointment at the hairdresser sometimes is very difficult. And that’s when I started thinking...
2. How long did it take to get your business off the ground? We are still growing and growing, this rollercoaster never ends.
3. What do you wish you’d known when you started? To know how difficult it would be and the patience you have to have.
4. How easy was it to get the financing for your business? We are still keeping our fingers crossed to get as many loans as possible. Meanwhile, we are growing in a sustainable way, step by step.
5. Any, tips or information you think would be useful to other foreign entrepreneurs in Barcelona? If you believe that you have a good idea, go for it. The good thing about being in BCN is that people are pretty scared of challenges, so if you are lucky, you will be the first.
6. What are the positive aspects about having a business here? Barcelona is pretty international and has qualified professionals in many fields, so, in a way you are going to find very motivated staff.