Do you struggle to live in the moment? Do you dwell on the past, which no longer exists, or worry about the future, which is fantasy until it happens? Do you feel like your mood is low and deflated? Feel stressed and worn out? Would like to feel like you are living more fully? Learning to practice mindfulness can help create a totally new perspective and long lasting change. Living Mindfully offers courses led by psychotherapist and mindfulness teacher, Jessica Bigogno.
Jessica qualified as a psychologist in her home city of London in 1996. Having practiced Mindfulness herself for some time, she realised its powerful therapeutic benefits and has since incorporated the practice into her psychotherapy. Three years ago she trained as a Mindfulness teacher, and later became one of the first people to provide Mindfulness group courses in English in Barcelona.
Living Mindfully offers eight-week courses in small, comfortable groups throughout the year. These courses are fitting for anyone with an interest in finding more peace of mind in this increasingly stressful world.
Mindfulness is the act of present, focused awareness of what is happening right now, aiming for complete acceptance of the moment. Mindfulness gives you the freedom to enjoy your current experience in a place of calmness and contentment. Thousands of peer-reviewed scientific papers prove that Mindfulness enhances mental and physical wellbeing. A few of the main benefits of Mindfulness meditation are:
- Anxiety, stress, depression, exhaustion and irritability all decrease with regular sessions of meditation.
- Mindfulness enhances brain function and mental and physical stamina, improving working memory, creativity, attention span and reaction speeds.
- Mindfulness improves emotional intelligence.
- Mindfulness reduces addictive and self-destructive behaviour, including the abuse of illegal and prescription drugs and excessive alcohol intake.
- Meditation boosts the immune system.
- Meditation improves heart and circulatory health by reducing blood pressure and lowering the risk of hypertension.
- Mindfulness may even reduce aging at the cellular level by promoting chromosomal health and resilience.
Stop just existing. Let go of the struggle and start living. Check out the next available courses on the Living Mindfully website.