- The Portugal Convida festival begins tonight with a free, open-air concert by fado singer Katia Guerreiro in the Plaça del Rei at 9.30pm
- Danish singer Aura performs this evening at Sidecar Factory Club. Winner of Best Female Artist and Best Pop Album at the Danish Music Awards, she's here to perform from her debut album Columbine. 10.30pm, €13
- At 6pm, there is a concert to celebrate the end of this year's programme of musical events for children at the Escola de Música Municipal. Taking part will be students and family-members from the four municipal music schools in Barcelona. Conservatori Municipal de Música de Barcelona, C/ Bruc 110
- Casa Asia hosts a talk about Pakistan and the state of freedom of expression there, specifically by examining the case of Mukhtar Mai who was publicly raped by four men as punishment for a crime of honour. The talk will be led by journalist Rana Mannan Sajid who has been threatened and imprisoned because of her coverage of this case. Avinguda Diagonal 373, 7.30pm. Free entry, limited places
- Award-winning documentary Balseros is being shown this evening at the FilmoTeca. It follows a group of Cubans as they flee their home country across the narrow but treacherous stretch of water that separates the island from the US, then finds them again after seven years to see how life in the USA is proving for these exiles. 10pm, €5
- Inauguration of the Women's Film Festival (Mostra de Films de Dones), which runs until June 21st. The opening screening is an open-air and free affair in the Plaça Virreina, with a showing of Pandora's box at 10pm. Other features of the festival include an homage to French film-maker and actress Agnès Varda and various documentaries that look at the life of women living in different circumstances around the world.
- The Second Ecuadorian Film Festival kicks off today with the main venue being the Verdi Park cinema, which will have three screenings each day until Monday. This is your chance to see documentaries and feature films from the South American country which has a sizable immigration population living here in Barcelona.
- If you're thinking about going to France for your holidays this summer, you should head first to the Toute la France fair that runs from today until Sunday 14th at the Moll de la Fusta in the port area.
- Called the 'Japanese Björk' by some, tonight is your chance to check out the music of singer-songwriter Tujiko Noriko. 9pm, €12 in advance, €15 on the door
- The monthly Nuggets night at Apolo tonight features Los Negativos, a classic Spanish psychedelic pop group. 8.30pm, €15 in advance, €18 on the door