Photo by Tomás Canet
- Good. Viggo Mortensen stars in the latest film by Spanish director Vincente Amorim. He plays a literature teacher in Thirties Germany—a 'good' man but plagued by family problems, he writes a novel promoting compassionate euthanasia which is picked up as government propaganda.
- Como Celebré el fin del Mundo. Romanian film set in the last year of the Ceaucescu dictatorship.
- Night in the Museum 2. Ben Stiller, Steve Coogan, Owen Wilson and Ricky Gervais all star in this follow-up comedy, this time set in the Smithsonian Museum.
- Rock Save the Queen. A three band line-up for you this evening with Galgo who hail from Barcelona and excel in powerful melodies, Fatal specialise in surrealist rock and roll and Lady Starling and the Ravens take their musical cues from the Stooges, Sonic Youth and Nick Cave. BeGood Club, 9pm, €6.
- Caberet Incívic. A night of dance, acrobatics, trapeze and music. Free entrance. CC. Sarrià.
- Two openings this weekend at the renowned photography specialist Kowasi gallery. BCN Fashion Beach opens with Swedish photographer Darius Koelhi who directs his 'street' style shots on the crammed Barcelona beaches. Also opening is Katherine Di Turi's exhibition, Finca La Serrana, where she creates brand new pictures using pre-existing images from magazines and photo albums by layering the shots on top of each other, giving them new meaning. Kowasi Gallery, Monday-Saturday, 11am-4pm and 4.30-8.30pm
- One day only exhibition, Mi Casa es tu casa, consisting of works by a creative collective who on the news that friend and member of the group was moving out of his flat, decided to mark his exit with putting up their creations in every room of the house. Think part leaving party part art gallery. Junta de Comerç 15, 2º-2ª, 5pm-11pm
- The first year of a new festival, Liberty, put on in conjunction with the International Day against Homophobia (May 17th). To raise awareness and have a great old party join Marc Almond, Pastora and Pedro Marín. Club Sant Jordi, 9pm
- Villa Nurbs, Ceràmica i Arquitectura by Enric Ruiz Geli, a local architect who created the house Villa Nurbs in Empuriabrava in which ceramic takes on a very substantial role. This exhibition aims to demystify his creative process. Museu de Ceràmica.
- Vinodelfin are a group of dandy gentlemen who play rock and roll and like to look all elegant on stage. Promoting their latest album, Seres Únicos. Razzmatazz, 9pm. €8
- Inga & Soulistic. Neo-soul outfit promote their new eponymous album. Their sound references hip-hop and neo-soul, drawing influence from idols Erikah Badu and Jill Scott. Jamboree, 9pm & 11pm.