Rex the Dog
- Coco Before Chanel (Coco, de la rebeldia a la leyenda de Chanel) - Audrey Tautou stars as Gabrielle Bonheur (Coco) Chanel in a film that concentrates on one of the fashion worlds most beguiling stars. Born in a poorhouse she rose through the ranks to become one of the most important figures in the fashion world and was the only person in that field to be named in the Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People of the 20th Century list.
- Jonas Brothers: The 3D concert experience. The pop puppets hit the stage in 3D and sing a list of their hits.
- The Worlds of Coraline (Los Mundos de Coraline) - The man behind the Sandman series of comics, Neil Gaiman sees his popular children's book series hit the big screen in 3D animation form.
- Secret Sunshine - Following the death of her husband, recent widow Sin-ae moves to the hometown of her partner where tragedy unfortunately stricks again. Directed by Chang-dong Lee.
- Terminator Salvation - Mad Max style film set in a post-Judgement day 2018 with seemingly unstoppable robots on the rampage, this film already gained some somewhat unwanted publicity in the form of star Christian Bale's recorded colourful rant at fellow crew members.
CONCERTS & CLUBS
-Territorio Comanche are a musical and visual collaboration with two Colombians, Jairo Cataño and Rudolfo Venegas who have taken as their name the title of a Arturo Péraz-Reverte novel. They play a mix of Cumbia, dub, and now, thanks to collaborations with Gabriel Calderón, the more modern tones of drum & bass, techno and dubstep. Also expect visuals from illustrator and artist Margarita Rojas. miscelänea, 9pm, €4 (€3 members), www.miscelanea.info
-Farfa Sound, Boarding Pass Party signs up the Italian techno DJ, Francesco Farfa who likes to defy categorisation and labels, his own unique mix of funk, techno and tech-house has seen him play to huge crowds all over the world. Visuals are by Phonosynthesis. Mondo, 12 midnight. www.mondobcn.com
- Rex the Dog, dogs can DJ right? Well, Rex can and he throws out a medley of tracks from every decade you can remember with an emphasis on 70s synths. There are rumours that it is actually DJ Jake Williams, the shy UK artist signed to Kompakt records who does it all for Rex but that can't be true, can it? Go see. Razzmatazz.
- Slam, DJ duo, Stuart MacMillan and Orde Meikle, cut their DJ teeth on the Glasgow clubbing scene, and were famous for their legendary Friday nights at dirty, underground venue, Sub Club; then the rest of the country/world caught on. Founders of hugely revered label Soma who can count working with the likes of Silicon Soul, The Surgeon, Vector Lovers and Daft Punk. Catch them as they play a mix of house, electro and tech-house. 12.30am, Nitsa night - Razzmatazz.
- Com Voldria Ser is the latest work from Tragant Dansa, the dance company founded by Olga Tragant. This work, What I'd Like to be Like questions societies obsession with physical beauty. Tonight and Saturday, 9.30pm, L'Antic Teatre. €6. www.lanticteatre.com
- Giggling Guiri brings David O'Doherty to the smallest stage of his current European tour. The all-rounder who has written children's books, for newspapers, has done TV, and his show at the Edinburgh Fringe won the main prize last year. With his trusty keyboard his show is a what he likes to call, 'low energy musical whimsy'. Get a ticket if you can. Café Teatre Llantiol, www.
CONCERTS & CLUBS
- Calima & Macaco, part of the Sitges Preludi 09, these two popular bands play a special one-off concert. Calima are an ensemble that perform a wide-ranging repoirtoire of musical styles they play tracks from their 5th album, Puerto Presente. Macaco are also an international affair who have collaborated with a huge number of bands, they perform from their latest work, Tierra. 7pm.
- Me Llaman la Primorosa, Soprano Angeles Blancas performs a series of pieces including from The Barber of Seville, accompanied by pianist Giovanni Auletta. Tonight, 9pm and Sunday. 6pm. Foyer of the Liceu. www.liceubarcelona.com
- Maggik Hour, eclectic musical mix from resident DJs Des & Sonny, aka, Desmond Sonshine. Expect a muiscal journey through northern soul, funk, hip-hop and electro, plus spots of singing from the crowd. Head down early as it gets pretty rammed. 11pm-4am, 7Sins Bar. www.7sinsbar.com
- Casiokids, think Norwegian electropop, think Royksopp right? Well now there are some new kids on the block, this sextet burst out with playful, keyboard synth-pop that make you think all's right in the world. If you can elbow your way through the fawning girl fans to the front then, drop all your troubles at the door and dance your heart out. 3am, Razzmatazz.
-Tutankamon - La Tomba i els seus tresors. The legendary historical figure, Tutankhamun comes to Barcelona, the nine year old who ruled as pharoah for only 10 years became the face of ancient Egypt when his tomb was discovered by Howard Carter in 1922. This exhibition isn't the actual articles from the tomb but spectacular replicas of the treasures that were found. 1000 pieces all made by a team of 100 craftsmen using the same traditional techniques as they would have back in the Eighteenth Dynasty. Museu Maritim. www.mmb.cat
CONCERTS & CLUBS
-Pink Sundays, if you haven't partied hard enough this weekend then there is always Pink Sunday, a new club night at ME Barcelona. Launching with Angels and Kings DJs, and sets from Alaska and Niño Fixo. Uninhibited fun, the last Sunday of the month sees the Underwear parties - be warned, its not for your shy and retiring types. 6.30pm, ME Barcelona.