- Cleaner - Samuel L Jackson, Ed Harris and Eva Mendes star in this movie directed by Renny Harlin. The story follows former cop Jackson who now works as a crime scene cleaner, the story takes a sinister turn when he unwittingly covers up the crime at his latest scene.
- Miss March - Another dubious sounding guy flick starring sex mad boys, one of whom has woken up after a four year coma to discover his old childhood sweetheart has since become a playboy centre fold. Hilarity, no doubt ensues when they try to gatecrash the playboy mansion party.
- Je Veux Voir - The ever alluring Catherine Deneuve stars in this genre mixing film that blends documentary style filming with scripted scenes. Set in Beirut, she is the guest of the French Ambassador but is taken on a tour of the surrounding countryside before her official duties begin. Not a great performance from Deneuve - critics have been divided as to whether the film worked.
- 7 Minutos - Film director Daniela Fejerman whose previous work has been Semen, una historia de amor hits the screens with 7 Minutos, set in the world of speed dating - a group of unhappy and unsatisfied men and women discover their unhappiness and the failings of their relationships.
- The Knot is the latest project by Brit Rebecca Lander. Having been involved with numerous musical collaborations, The Knot is perhaps her most personal project to date. Lander's pop, dance and electronica style has seen comparisons with mighty acts like Goldfrapp and Soulwax—see for yourself if she cuts it. Shoko, 12.30am. www.shoko.biz
- Juliette Lewis performs with her new band the New Romantiques to showcase latest album Terra Incognita. Always an exhaustingly energetic performance. Razzmatazz, 1am
- Mecal Air is a new summer event in collaboration with the El Festival Internacional de Cortometrajes de Barcelona and Poble Espanyol, which have come together to organise an original concept for a summer evening: expect sushi, short movies and musical acts all set in a chilled-out square in Poble Espanyol with hammocks and full bar service. They are even offering free sushi with every drink ordered between 8-9pm. Fridays in June and Saturdays in July. Plaça del Balvard, Poble Espanyol, 8-11pm, €5.50 or €2 with flyer.
- Check One and others herald yet another dubstep night in Barcelona. There seems to be a new dub night popping up everywhere you look these days—no bad thing, of course. Check One is one of the best on the scene. A Disboot night at Miscelänea, 9pm, €12
- La Pointe Courte by Agnès Varda as part of the Mostra Internacional de Films de Dones. Filmoteca, 5.30pm. Spanish subtitles. See website for full programme. www.mostrafilmsdones.cat
- Examined Life by Astra Taylor, part of the Mostra Internacional de Films de Dones. Filmoteca, 7.30pm. Catalan subtitles.
- Les Bureaux de Dieu by Claire Simon. Mostra Internacional de Films de Dones. Filmoteca, 10pm. English and Catalan subtitles.
CONCERTS AND CLUBS
- Pure Soul Music Barcelona presents Movin' On a mix of the best soul music alongside the less well known tracks. Brought to you by DJs Dave and Jordi Ripollès who have been part of the Soul scene in the UK for many years. Their knowledge of previously unheard records alongside Ivan Muench will make it a great tribute night to soul. Jazz Rooms, 11.30pm, €10 (includes a drink).
- Jolie Holland comes to Barcelona for the first time to present her latest album The Living and the Dead. Previously under the wing of Tom Waits she has now broken out on her own and gives us her ethereal folk, jazz and blues style. Sala BeCool, 9pm.
- L'estiu de Barcelona is a lovely exhibition to bring in the Barcelona summertime. Photography shots all the size of postcards that take as their theme the multi-faceted and beautiful city in the summer will be on display. Untitled BCN, June 13th to 23rd. http://untitledbcn.com/
- Die Koreanische Hochzeitstruhe (The Korean Wedding Chest) by Ulrike Ottinger. Part of the Mostra Internacional de Films de Dones. Fimoteca, 7.30pm. English and Catalan subtitles. www.mostrafilmsdones.cat.
- La Cámera Oscura by Maria Victoria Menis. Meet the director as part of the Mostra Internacional de Films de Dones. Filmoteca, 10pm.
CONCERTS & CLUBS
- A night of world music including acts like Tres Bandas Tres, Axel Krygier (fusion latina) and Achilifunk Band (gypsy soul and boogaloo) all perform at the Radio Gladys Palmera 10th anniversary party. Apolo, 9pm