El Lago de los Cignes
- Bishop Allen is the brainchild of two Harvard graduates, Justin Rice and Christian Rudder. The band, although relatively obscure thanks to their gently-gently approach towards fame and fortune, showcase their musical charms on stage where they'll be playing tracks from their new album Grrr. BeCool, 9pm
- Legendary musician Youssou N'Dour will be performing tracks from his latest album Rokku mi Rokka with original band Super Etoile de Dakar that made him a household name in Senegal. L'Auditori, 10pm
- As part of the 100 comèdies americanes series at the Filmoteca, watch classics like Some Like it Hot, (5.30pm) and others by Frank Capra and Billy Wilder thoughout the week. See website for full listings: http://cultura.gencat.cat/filmo/index.htm
- Venetian Snares is actually Mr Aaron Funk who's been propelled into infamy with the release of his album that features the sounds of himself and his girlfriend being, well, amorous. BeCool, 10pm
- The recently-turned 20-year-old dance group, the Ballet de Moscú, are in Barcelona to perform two of their most successful and celebrated works, Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake (El Lago de los Cisnes) and Giselle. Swan Lake starts today and is on until August 2nd and then they dance Giselle until the 9th. Teatre Tivoli
- David Grubbs is known for his ethereal, psychedilia from his time in band Red Krayola, tonight he plays the last concert of the Post-rock Grec 09-affiliated performances at MACBA. Auditori MACBA, 9pm
- Gil Scott Heron Poet, musician, writer and activist—there is no limit to this man's talent. Still a force to be reckoned with almost 40 years since his seminal works Pieces of a Man and Winter in America sealed his name in musical history. Luz de Gas, 10pm.