Brian Hunt plays a pre-Primavera Sound concert at Sala Apolo on Monday
- Just opened art show 'Persecución' by the artist Baltazar Torres can be seen at the Galeria Miguel Marcos (Jonqueres 10) until June 30th. Monday to Friday, 10am-2pm and 4.30-8.30pm; Saturdays, by prior appointment
- Batman Begins, the 2005 film that saw the popular Batman series resurrected with Christian Bale in the main role, is showing this afternoon at the FilmoTeca (5pm) and is followed by 300, based on the Frank Miller comic book. (They are both repeated on Tuesday, although 300 is in the 5pm slot and Batman Begins at 7.15pm). Part of a series of films based on comicbook heroes coinciding with the start of the city's Comic Fair on Friday.
- First in a series of pre-festival concerts for Primavera Sound take place at Sala Apolo (Brian Hunt, PAL, Tachenko, Half Foot Outside) and Sala Sidecar (Joan Colomo, Oniric, Elvira) tonight. Free for those with a ticket for the main event and €12 for the rest of us.
- Inauguration of collective exhibition at Galería Nogueras Blanchard (www.noguerasblanchard.com) entitled 'Shining by Absence'. It features work by, among others, American artist Robert Barry who is renowned for his conceptual art, and young British artist Becky Beasley, who oscillates between photography and sculpture. Until July 25th
- Tonight at 8.30pm in the Plaça Bonanova, there'll be an outdoor fashion show featuring clothes from 20 different shops in the Sant Gervasi-Bonanova neighbourhood.
- Another collective show opens, this time at the Galería Esther Montoriol, under the heading 'Laberints', featuring a variety of local artists. Until July
- Former lead singer of La Oreja de Van Gogh, Amaia Montero performs as the main act in this touring Concierto Movistar which touches down tonight in Barcelona at the Sant Jordi Club. Also taking to the stage are Ragdog and 34. Starts at 8.30pm
- Fans of detective novels are advised to gather in front of the Liceu at 7pm to take part in a guided walk that is part of the Black and Barna series (although prior reservation is necessary); tonight's event takes in the Rambla as seen in the books of highly-regarded Catalan mystery writer Manuel Vázquez Montalbán, the creator of Pepe Carvalho. The walk and talk, in Catalan, will be led by librarian Paco Camarasa of the Biblioteca Montbau-Albert Pérez Baró. www.bcn.cat/bibilioteques
- If you are any kind of soccer fan, there'll only be one thing on your mind tonight: the final of the Champions League between Barcelona and Manchester United. Watch nervously at home, among the crowds in your local bar or on the big screens down at Maremagnum. Kick-off 8.45pm
- Big Acoustic Band perform two sessions this evening at Jamboree (Plaça Reial 17), first at 9pm and the second at 11pm, in collaboration with the Taller de Músics (Musicians' Workshop). €10
- Cines Icaria will be broadcasting the popular opera Madama Butterfly, by Giacomo Puccini, live and in high definition from the Teatro La Fenice in Venice at 6.45pm.
- Puerto Rican singer, composer and (soap opera) actor, Luis Fonsi is on this evening at the Palau Sant Jordi (10pm).
- Continuing the FilmoTeca's series of movies featuring characters from comics, this evening sees a showing of Hellboy (7pm)
- This evening's Harlem Jazz Club act is fusion musician Joe Driscoll. Free entry, first session at 10.30pm