Lets get lost - Bruce Weber
Lets get lost - Bruce Weber - Gandules
- A new festival opens today with the aim of filling the void in your social calendars in August, Summer Week is a heady 7 day dance festival on seven beaches, tonnes of clubs and DJs like David Guetta, Erick Morillo and Tiesto keeping the fun coming all week.
- A must for all ballet fans, Ballet Ruso show brings together the stars of Russian ballet from such illustrious companies as Bolshoi and Mariinsky. A two part performance that includes acts from Swan Lake and Madame Bovary and Suite Paquita by Marius Petipa. Gran Teatre del Liceu, Tonight and Wednesday, 9pm, www.liceubarcelona.com
- Gandules opens tonight at the CCCB screening films with a musical leaning that include Shadows by John Cassavete and Charlotte Zwerin's Thelonius Monk: Straight, No Chaser. Every Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 10pm
- Detroit has been one of the key places for innovative music and arguably Paris the Black Fu has been one of the key players. The guy who has been putting the humour into techno with his highly sexual lyrics is back, joining forces Dr.Toefinger as the Detroit Grand Pubahs they retain their bawdy comedy but also offer a more funky side to the repertoire. Part of the Mas i Mas festival. Moog, 11pm
- Pee Wee Ellis was a regular figure on the stage with James Brown throughout the sixties - his jazz and funk inflected saxophone has won him an army of fans. Luz de Gas, 10pm
- The works of UK painter Daniel Meakin take the architecture of Barcelona as there inspiration. The vibrant and exuberant tones of the canvases in this exhibition evoke a summer feeling that goes perfectly with the start of August. Caprichos de la Imaginación, until August 15th - Gracia Arts Project.