1 of 2
Jewish Film Festival
2 of 2
Festival de Cinema Jueu de Barcelona
'Let my people go'
This year sees the 14th edition of the Jewish Film Festival of Barcelona, an event that rose out of the desire to make known and disseminate Jewish culture, so closely linked to the history of both Barcelona and Spain.
It aims to:
- Promote cultural activities with the 'Call' area of Barcelona (the historic Jewish neighbourhood of the city).
- Make known the intercultural nature of Jewish people.
- Create a place for encounters and tolerant dialogue.
- Place Jewish culture on the city's cultural agenda.
- Promote productions about Jewish subjects made in Spain.
Although the festival will, undoubtedly, be of the same quality as before, it will take place over fewer days, presenting 13 varied films, including Footnote (an Oscar nominee this year) and The Rabbi's Cat.
The festival will take place from June 5th to 10th at the Instituto Francés and Plaça St. Felip Neri.