Beat the heat with this refreshing and aromatic version of the Andalusian favourite.
Difficulty level: Easy
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 400 grams of watermelon
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pieces of dry bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
- Half a litre of water
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Wash the tomatoes then peel and cut into chunks.
- Peel and chop the onion and pepper.
- Chop the watermelon.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl, add the dry bread, mint leaves, garlic cloves and blend together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the oil and vinegar and strain the mixture through a strainer. If it is too thick, add water until you get the desired texture.
- Serve the gazpacho chilled and garnish with mint leaves.
- Add small pieces of fried bread (croutons), jamón or vegetables.
- Instead of watermelon, you can also add strawberries, kiwi, cherries...
- If you do not have time to put it in the fridge, cool the gazpacho with ice cubes.
- You can add cucumber, green pepper or a few slices of melon when blending the ingredients.