Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
225g plain flour
125g chilled unsalted
1 tbs olive oil
2 bunches spring
onions, thinly sliced
½ cup diced pancetta
140g soft goat’s cheese
75g coarsely grated mozzarella
60g crême fraîche or sour cream
20g grated parmesan
1. Place the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor and whiz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. With the motor running, add 60ml iced water through the feed tube, processing until a smooth ball forms. Enclose in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. On a well-floured surface, roll out the dough into a 35cm circle, trimming the edges. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pastry disc on the tray and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C.
4. Warm the oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the diced pancetta or bacon. Add the spring onion and cook for four to five minutes, stirring, until soft. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
5. Combine the spring onion, goat’s cheese, ricotta, mozzarella, crême fraîche and parmesan, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Fill the centre of the pastry with the cheese mixture, leaving a 5cm border around the edge. Fold the edge over the filling and roughly pleat.
7. Bake the galette for 35-40 minutes until golden and set. Cool for five minutes, then serve warm or at room temperature.
Anjalina Chugani was born in London but moved to Bangalore
in India when she was 15; since 2000, she has been living
in Barcelona where she works as an English teacher. A selftaught
cook, she held Social Suppers in the meeati ngs23
space, and has a blog for recipes and food photography,