La Mercè - Gegants processing in the city centre
1. Mostra d'Entitats in Pl. Catalunya, which showcases the city's not for profit associations. Throughout the day there will be activities, workshops and talks. The day begins at 11am and will end at 8.30pm with an installation by Catalan performance group La Fura dels Baus, who will create a giant construction with the volunteers who have taken part in the Mostra d'Entitats.
2. Saturno Park. Check out the vintage fair in Ciutadella park with restored fairground attractions from the past. (11am-9pm).
3. Castellers See Barcelona's casteller groups in Pl. Sant Jaume at 12 noon.
4. Urban dance cabaret in the Ciutadella park courtesy of acclaimed dance troupe Brodas Bros and invited international artists. (1pm & 6.15pm)
5. Procession. Giants, dragons and all the other traditional characters will be out to celebrate. The procession starts at 6pm at Pelai and goes down the Rambla, along Ferran, to end in Pl. Sant Jaume.
6. Concert. The orchestra and choir of the Gran Teatre del Liceu will give a free concert at 8.30pm in front of the cathedral with a varied repertoire from Wagner and Bizet to West Side Story.
7. Circus at the castle: The Montjuïc castle is hosting circus acts from all over the world throughout the festival. Shows are on throughout the day.
8. Nits al Parlament: Head to the Parlament in the Ciutadella park for light and music shows that using the buildings as backdrop.
9. Barcelkholm. See this mapping show—a collaboration between Barcelona and Sweden—projected onto the Ajuntament in Pl. Sant Jaume. 8.45pm, 10pm, 10.30pm & 11pm.
10. Fireworks at 10pm in Avinguda Reina Maria Cristina (Pl. Espanya)